SERVES 6 -8
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
3 carrots, chopped
4 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2-1 tablespoon dried parsley, depending on your taste
1/2-1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, depending on your taste
4 cups turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
4 cups turkey stock
4 cups water
salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a stock pot until the butter is melted.
2. Add the carrot, celery, onion, parsley and Italian seasonings. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the turkey, stock and water.
4. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
5. Turn down to low, just barely a simmer, and cook for about an hour or until the carrots are fork tender.
6. Add salt and pepper if need be and serve.
7. *Some nice late add-ins ~ zucchini, napa cabbage, rice, noodles.
~Print this recipe~